7. Listen to soothing music.
Music is absolute magic. If it has been proven to work on plants and animals, we humans should try to get the most out of it too. Any soothing music that has a slow rhythm of 60-80 beats per minute is said to be effective at putting you to sleep.
Not only will this help you enjoy deep sleep, but it has also been proven to reduce depression levels.
8. Make sure that the room temperature is just right.
The ideal room temperature while you sleep should not be too hot or too cool. According to experts, any temperature between 65°F and 75°F is good for a sound sleep. So, it’s important to set the room temperature accordingly and use the right blankets too.
9. Use the 4-7-8 breathing method.
The very famous 4-7-8 method as explained by Dr. Andrew Weil is said to have done wonders for those who have sleep issues. It’s a kind of breathing technique that has put some of its subjects to sleep in under 1 minute. Here’s how to do it:
1. First, place the tip of your tongue behind your upper front teeth, on the ridge of tissues. It should stay there during the entire process.
2. While making a whoosh sound, exhale from your mouth.
3. Count to 4 as you inhale through your nose, keeping your mouth closed.
4. Now, hold your breath and count to 7.
5. Then, count to 8 as you exhale through your mouth making the whoosh sound.
6. Repeat this cycle for a total of 4 breaths.